Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Still More Vargas #1



Six years later in 1989, Ben and "Anna May" were with Big Apple and I booked Chico and Karen into Baraboo with the rest of the elephants leaving my wife and I at home with hopes of a season off.
First thing we did was go to the CHS Convention in Columbus where Cliff Vargas was Guest Speaker.
During one of the social events Cliff asked if I would be interested in helping Rex Williams with some training, at that point my Business Manager (Mrs. Woodcock) stepped in and the next thing I knew I found myself in a God-Awful place called Pico Rivera.

4 comments:

Chic Silber said...


The winter I helped Roland with

the 1 ring format conversion

they were in another God awful

joint in Goodyear Arizona

Frank Ferrante said...

Pico Rivera - Famous for their swap meet and Mario's Tacos. Chic, you wouldn't recognize Goodyear - since moving the AZ Cardinals in the place has become more upscale - they even have their own Outlet Mall!!!

Chic Silber said...


Thanks for the update Frank

but I doubt I'll ever find

the need to endure it again

(just don't let my wife know

about the "Prime Outlets")

Roger Smith said...

I didn't see of Goodyear what you guys did. I visited relatives there on my way to the Grand Canyon, and they were in a very fine, upscale neighborhood. But I can see your point of some kind of winterquarters in another end of town. After all, I spent 3 winters at Castle's, just outside beautiful downtown Seagoville.