Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Barrum Bros. Circus #1 (From Peter Rosa)

Hi All

We have a wonderful friend in Kalama, Washington who has made trailers for our J. L. TAYLOR - ROSA BROS. CIRCUS in HO scale. His name is BOB MAAHS. He is the LOT 9 Manager of Circus Model Builders.

Bob likes RUM and so do Joyce and I. Bob and I got kidding about new model circuses in HO SCALE called BICARDI BROS. CIRCUS and BARRUM BROS. CIRCUS. I still need to come up with detailing and lettering.

Here are trailers Bob made and sent to us last Christmas based on Biller Bros. Circus and Mills Bros. Circus. Bob made us a Cristiani calliope for Christmas this year that I have got to take a photo of. It is outstanding.

Note that the camera flash drowned out the color. These are actually very vivid orange and blue paint scheme.

Hope you enjoy Bob's works of art made from styrene plastic.

RIGHT SIDE CAGE TRAILER

3 comments:

Marco said...

Dear Peter Rosa,

Excellent pieces of craftsmanship. Love the details.
I "run" a blog about circus models ( www.circusmodellbau.de ) and would be more than happy to post pictures of your wonderful models on it. Contact information can be found on the blog. Great job.

Anonymous said...

I have marked down your website and I will be in touch. Bob's models are extremely well done and look like the original circus trailers.

I will also send you photos of our J. L. Taylor - Rosa Bros. Circus in HO scale. It is very detailed current era show and we think it to be possibly the best HO scale truck show in the world.

Thank you
Pete Rosa

Pete Rosa

Anonymous said...

Dear Marco

I went to your website. It is a great site with many very nice model circuses. I especially liked the truck stuck in the mud. I do not speak the language written on the website and could not figure out how to send you photos of our model circus. Please email me at rosapj@AOL.com and let me know how to send photos to you. I prefer to just email them to you a little at a time and you can select the ones you like.

That is ROSAPJ@AOL.com all in lowercase letters

THANK YOU

Pete Rosa