Tuesday, September 30, 2008

From Karen Glenn #1


img298, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BARBARA!!! Mine was on the 28th of Sept. We are just getting better with age.
Ok yall...the real date of the trip and the filming was late August and early September of 1975. I have my big scrapbook in my hot little hands at this time and was looking over the photos and the date was Aug. 1975. Yep, I know so because of the date but also a more important reason at that time: Ben and I were newlyweds, having just been married one week when Barbara, Ben, Gary and Anna May left for Charlotte! Yep...our honeymoon. LOL WEll, Buckles did have to stay and hold down the fort at CW, but I got to fly up and was actually used in the crowd scene, where Anna May knocked over the "fire hydrant" and we were running for dear life as she was "chasing" after us down the sidewalk. The hot pink hat I had on and the pink outfit REALLY showed up on TV during the showing. Which was on September 30th, Barbara's Birthday, and a big party at their home that night. We had a blast then for sure! Ben was playing the cop...and since he had long hair, they had to pin it up and spray it down solid..hee hee. The pictures of us with him holding the gun (blanks, I hope) drinking beer on break was too funny. We were the local hometown heroes! Karen Glenn



"Good Grief! I not only missed the date by two years but had the wrong town."
Buckles

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Buckles! Well...we are getting on in years. LOL When we were living in NC two years ago, we visited the same downtown area that the show was filmed, and like everything else..it was very different. Still brought back some fun memories. It was a kick meeting Keenan Wynn, Leo Penn, Claude Akins and the others. I remember you saying to me something along the lines of "you wore that bright pink hat to be sure you could be seen in the crown scene." Well Yeah! Otherwise, I would have been lost in the crowd...and we were in "show business" and you know how that goes. We all love being seen and talked about. LOL Karen Glenn