Monday, April 28, 2008

Norman Barrett (From Sue Lenz)


Zippo's 2008, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.


Hi Buckles:

I have been sorting through my old photo albums and thought that some of your readers might find these old pictures interesting.

Most are from Barrett's Circus season 1952 when my mother & father were with them for that season, This was Norman's fathers Circus.
Norman is still working with Zippo's Circus in the UK and celebrating 60 years working in the Circus.

Kindest regards.
Sue.

4 comments:

Buckles said...

Mr. Barrett made the 1998-99 tour with the Big Apple Circus.
And I might add that he and I and Don Covington were up to all sorts of skullduggery.

Anonymous said...

Sure glad that I got to meet Mr. Barrett during his tour here. What a personable guy and so well met.

Anonymous said...

In the early 1970s I took a trip to England with a visit to the Blackpool Tower Circus as one of my major stops.

Sue Lenz had given me an introduction to Mr. Barrett (Hi Sue!) and, when I presented myself, he rolled out the red carpet and treated me like a king.

Will always remember that terrific evening and Mr. Barrett's kindness and hospitality.

Anonymous said...

I saw Norman Barrett with his splendid parakeet act on Big Apple in Atlanta.

The correct name for those birds is "Budgerigar." "Parakeet" is much less of a mouthful, however.