Monday, December 31, 2007

For Ann Jean


Scan000010669, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.

Buckles,

I am still waiting for you to publish the picture of Aunt BAbe performing with the elephant. I remember seeing the picture among some that my Dad had. Those pictures were sent to Tinker after my Dad's death and now that Tinker has passed away, the pictures are gone forever.

Thanks for finally sending some pictures of the Orton circus. We Orton's are very proud of our heritage, especially since we were pioneers of the circus world in this country!!

Ann Jean

3 comments:

David said...

Buckles,
I realize that I'm only a faceless name on a blog, but I think your family & friends would agree with me that you need to publish a book. Notice I said publish. You said you can't write a book, but I've been thinking (hey, I have extra time on my hands at the holidays) that you already have all the material you need. Your photos & anecdotes on the blog are tremendous, as well as many of the comments (who doesn't get a charge out of the wit & wisdom of Wade Burck, as well as your other contributors). I think your family would be excited to help you edit & organize the material. Surely a friend at Circus World Museum or Circus Historicl Society could guide you on publishing. Call it "The Best of Buckles Blog" or "Pioneers of the American Circus." You could use chapters like "The Boy Who Ran Away to Join the Circus" and "Anna May Comes to America."

Start small. If you enjoy the experience, do a seqel with chapters like "The Next Generation." Finance the first printing with advance sales (put me down as a customer).

Consider it. If you think it's crazy, well, at least I've had fun thinking about it.

Happy New Year! David

Anonymous said...

I'll buy one . . .

Anonymous said...

Anything with the "Buckles" Woodcock (and family) name is worth the price and very worth the while!!

Paul G.