Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Rix Bears


Rix Bears.1 Jeanette, originally uploaded by bucklesw1.


The pictures that you posted of the Rix Bears were great. I particularly liked the one of the Polar Bear compound.&nb! sp; Imagine having Polar Bears swimming in your back yard. I also enjoyed reading the comments posted about Mr. Rix, and the high esteem that everyone held him in. The Rix compound in Middletown, New York is just on the other side of the Hudson River from where we live.

I saw the the Rix Bear's perform in Rochester, New York at the Mid-Town Mall. It was probably in! the late sixties or very early seventies. Both Albert and Jeanette we re dressed as Russian Cossacks. I do recall at least two Polar Bears in their act. Somewhere I have the newspaper clippings from that appearance in Rochester. I saw their afternoon show. I liked the performance so much, that I stayed around for the evening show. I will confess that I might have had a little bit of a crush on Jeanette.

0 comments: