Wednesday, November 29, 2006

From Circus Whitey




Buckles:

I wonder how many of your readers get The Bandwagon? I got the new issue today with your article which leads off with some comments about and pictures of Walter McClain.

I sent you this photo back in your pre-blog days but you might want to show it to the readers. Apparently this was taken in Nashville the fall of 1938 when the Barnes-Sells-Floto show with RBBB Features played here. In the background is the old Broad Street viaduct and the flats are being unloaded out of sight to the right, in what we used to call the Kayne Avenue Yards. I had initially thought this an early 1940s pic but you pointed out that the heavily-loaded wagon sides suggested Barnes.

Ree-gards, Ole Whitey Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great shot !
teams of elephants pulling wagons
the only place I've ever even seen pictures of this has been in parades