Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Cole Bros. Circus/ Georgia Sweet


I only remember Miss Sweet at left, as an older lady, the previous picture taken earlier in her career. She and my mother were good friends but I don't recall a husband, maybe she was single. Gee Gee did the Roman riding when we were on the show.
The other people are Ruth Nelson and Horace Laird. Mr. Laird also served as the mail man.
Johny Herriott and I were talking about him the other day and agreed that neither of us ever heard of him after the Cole Show.
Johnny added that being mailman was a responsible job since everyone on the show would give him cash to buy money orders without the least reservation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't know where to put this, but want to ask before I forget. Francine was Darlene Pratts little girls name. Ruffles was the name of her dog. She had a sister named Becky that I think still lives in Flordia. I am trying to get in touch with Darlene.

Anonymous said...

I am Darlene's sister Beckie. Darlene lives in Calif. and would love to hear from you.
p.s. she is not computer friendly but I can give you her cell phone number.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Beckie. Please give her my address. Buckles has it. I have been trying to find Darlene for years. Always asking any circus person who might know of her. We went through a few rough times together. I always wondered how she was. I met you in Hugo once a very long time ago. I think you were 12 years old.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait Beckie. I have been looking for Darlene for 30 years. Here is my e-mail address for you to send me her cell number.. oenuc42@yahoo.com Thanks Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Called Darlene in California. She is doing great. Grandmother like the rest of you guys. Come to find out she has been in St Louis just a couple of miles from me at conventions for years. We could have waved at each other in the winter time when the leaves were off the trees. 40 years, so close and never knew it. Life has a way of sucking sometimes. Same nice person that I knew. She remembers things that I thought I was the only one that was aware of. We will make up for lost time thats for sure. Sometimes it pays to NAG, NAG NAG. Hear that Eugene!!!!. You are the only one left.