Friday, March 31, 2006

The real world

I must say my kids have adjusted to the real world pretty well.
Barbara and I are meeting with Dalilah and some of her soon to be, former co-workers at a Restaurant tonight. Since her promotion moves her to another Verizon building it is sort of a farewell party.

Our Webmaster also got some good news since Brighthouse has decided to let him work out of his home. They will provide him with a company computer and a private phone line and he will continue to provide customers with the same service but eliminate 50 miles of driving each day. You can imagine the savings on gas, he estimates between $300 and $400 per month.

Not bad for a couple of kids that only knew how to hang onto elephants a short while ago.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

No bodys Kids ever :hung on: to elephants with such showmen ship, style, grace as the Buckle's Kids. The circus took a very bad fall when they :retired: Best of luck to them all, but deep down I wish they were still CIRCUS. It will never be out of their blood. This is a good thing.

Anonymous said...

I've seen a lot of Circus kids do very well outside the "business", and you can't tell me that
"upbringin" doesn't play a major role. I congradulate them!

Anonymous said...

Just a passing thought. Circus children are the best no matter where they choose to make a life. All are loved and well thought of by the world. Their parents have been hurrassed for years by two people who steal [or try] their elephants, but neither of these people ever had children. Maybe thats why they have such a bad additude about the wonderful world of the Circus that they could not hack..

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you loose baby sitting privilages?

Anonymous said...

Circus kids do well because they were brought up in a family atmosphere; their own and the circus family.

Both of my boys say that they learned so much while spending their summers with the Big Apple.

Anonymous said...

High Beams, I am SOOOO jealous. Did you want to perform again? Did you remember to bring elephant poop home with you. Take plastic baggs with you sunday. Put them in your purse now so you don't forget. I had them in the trunk of the car and forgot to get mine last summer.

Bob Cline said...

Karen and Billy,
I look forward seeing you on Sunday. You can contact me anytime at fivetiger@marlboroelectric.net
Bob