Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Clyde Beatty-Cole Bros. Circus late 1960's


An early start today since I have to get my chores done before Elliott arrives to take me to DeLand. Pretty good drive up there, over two hours. So this is a good chance to send off some unrelated things.

John Goodall sent me a spectacular 8 by 10 of the interior of the Beatty Show big top with a full house and the elephant display in action. Unfortunately this format wouldn't do the picture justice but I cropped out the very center showing Rex Williams working the center ring act from horse back.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I lived in San Antonio, I was one of 6 winners of a "My Most Unusual Christmas" story contest. I wrote about the 1980 Winter Tour of the Beatty show going broke and how we suffered in Winterquarters the winter Florida froze. From the files of the Express-News, this picture accompanied my story.