Friday, July 29, 2005

RBBB Circus World 1977/ Barber shop skit


Little John, this is the barber shop number you were talking about with "Anna May" and "Peggy" at Circus World in 1977, tho very similar in appearance, this is a different "Peggy". She was owned by Ringling and as far as I know remains there still.
My "Peggy" was named "Eva" when I got her and I had a policy in those days that when I received a problem elephant, I changed everything including the name. In fact I renamed her after my sister in law who upon receiving the news replied "You gotta be kidding!".
Buckles

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Buckles, I stand corrected. Now that the barber shop skit picture refreshes the picture that I have in my mind, I remember that this was “Circus World’s Peggy’s” best trick. She was still imposing to me, but as you may remember, I have no talent for this business. I do however treasure the experience and feel honored to have been a small part of it.

Anonymous said...

That waz a great bit! & I must say Peggy rode like a sofa & dove like a whale 4 the Finales Crossmount.

Anonymous said...

As little john said, I had no particular talent for the business, and like John very much treasured the experience. I was part of the group of 6 "actors" who were let go soon after the show opened. During this skit, I was the guy in the barber chair who was getting a shave (and bucket of water) by clown Gene Carlisle.
If any cast members read this please feel free to write and say hello! You can email me thru my website.